www.cyrillevanjosef.blogspot.com

Monday, June 14, 2010

Quirino Bride

Quirino Bridge, It was summer of year 2002, when we travelled in Ilocos with my family and relatives, I was only 14 yrs old when i got here. That was my first travell and it was a long ride. I was first amaze when i first saw this bridge, it was very beautyful and a breathtaking view, If you will go to Vigan and you reach Quirino Bridge, that means that you are near to Vigan, I can't remember enough information about my first travel in ilocos, so i ll just give you some article i found on the internet about Quirino Bridge.


Quirino Bridge – this scenic bridge is named after the late former President, Elpidio Qurino and it spreads across the Abra river connecting the rocky mountain slopes of the town of Santa and the tail end of Bantay. Otherwise referred to as ‘Banaoang bridge’, it majestically connects and separates two transcending mountains and widely praised because of its marvelous engineering and grand architectural design as glorified by its splendid panoramic beauty, strength and durability when it survived the bombings of World War II. It is considered as one of the most superior bridges built by men because of the utilization of natural endowments combined with fabricated materials. Recently destroyed and damaged when one of its steel spans waswashed away at the height of super typhoon Feria that devastated the province on July 4-6, 2001.

Some Pictures of Quirino Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something about me!

My photo
Valenzuela City, National Capital Region, Philippines
I like adventures, im the type of person who like to learn new things and try things that i haven't done before. i also like to travel, i want to travel as long as i can and as long as i can afford. (lol) i had been to some places in luzon and visayas, and i want to share it with you all my experiences. I travel using my motorbike and sometime by car. "Live as you were to die tomorrow! Learn as you were to live forever"