www.cyrillevanjosef.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Magellan's Cross

This 485-year old cross stands just outside of the basilica. It was planted by the portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan. Now, rumor has it that this may not be the real cross. See it, feel it, lick it. You decide.

The basilica is a popular place for church goers, devotees, vendors, and tourists. The Church is the oldest in Cebu and perhaps the oldest in the Philippines.

Magellan's Cross and the Basilica are located just across from Cebu City Hall.

It was summer of 2006 when we travelled here along with my family, It was funny that the people there specificly "mga taga dasal" thought that im a tv celebrity in manila.haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Something about me!

My photo
Valenzuela City, National Capital Region, Philippines
I like adventures, im the type of person who like to learn new things and try things that i haven't done before. i also like to travel, i want to travel as long as i can and as long as i can afford. (lol) i had been to some places in luzon and visayas, and i want to share it with you all my experiences. I travel using my motorbike and sometime by car. "Live as you were to die tomorrow! Learn as you were to live forever"